Frontend developer? Is he a Webmaster or something?
Let’s start with the fact that there are no set rules that would define the responsibilities of individual positions. Each company has its own definition, and they change depending on the client. However, if you look at it in retrospect, the responsibilities of most of them almost overlap. You can even say that at times it was the same. Therefore, the following definitions can be treated with a pinch of salt.
- Web designer – creates a look (design) for the website, often is also a graphic designer or UX / UI designer.
- Web developer – cares about the site functioning (setting the environment, creates the website code in the selected language, connects to the database, etc.). You can assume that you are Backend or Middleend Developer.
- Webmaster – a combination of Web designer and Web developer, while also taking care of SEO, e-marketing, content, etc. Attention! As of today, this is an outdated job title, because we have someone like…
- Fullstack Developer – One Man Band. Front-, Middle- and Back-end Developer in one. He creates all software alone.
- Frontend Developer – responsible for Front- and / or Middle-end Development.